In all my blogs I have mentioned what it takes to write books, edit books, how to market books but never have I ever touched upon “Where to market books”, and “Which are the best book websites”?
I have received several queries regarding the same. Hence, today, I’ll be discussing
2) Online book stores
4) Benefits of selling books online
So, let’s get started.
Firstly, let us see what E-commerce exactly stands for. Google simply defines it as electronic commerce or internet commerce which refers to the buying and selling of goods or services using the internet, furthermore, the transfer of money and data to execute these transactions.
E-Commerce is usually used to refer to the marketing of physical products online, but it can also describe any kind of commercial transaction that is aided through the internet.
To describe every transaction between the two groups, further, there are four main types of e-commerce models that take place
1. Business to Consumer (B2C)
2. Business to Business (B2B)
3. Consumer to Consumer (C2C)
4. Consumer to Business (C2B)
WHAT ARE AND WHY ONLINE BOOKSTORES
Nowadays when people are really busy with their power-draining 9-5 jobs and, they hardly have time to go book-hunting. And that too in bookstores. HOW TRADITIONAL! And that’s why online book stores are a godsend idea to “busy” book lovers.
Online book stores are places where you can buy and/or sell your books. From hardcover to bonded, from 1st copy to cheap ‘read again’. Online selling and purchasing is a new trend. Almost everyone today is also confused as to “How to sell books online”. So herein, I have listed a few of the top sites where you can make buy/sell online.
The reason why selling books on Amazon is a great way to get started is that you can launch your business without spending thousands on backlogs and supplies. Furthermore, there’s less financial risk involved.
Of course, as an Amazon seller, you have options. There are three ways third-party sellers can sell books on Amazon:
· Fulfilled-by-merchant (FBM): You construct a catalog list on Amazon, and pack and ship the product yourself. As well as this is good for sellers who’ve already got a solid fulfillment network in place.
· Amazon Vendors (AMZ): You sell your inventory directly to Amazon through their vendor central services. Moreover, this is good for enterprise sellers who need to unload a lot of inventory quickly.
· Fulfilled-by-Amazon (FBA): You create a listing on Amazon, but Amazon stores, packs and ships your products, for a fee. As a bonus, FBA sellers’ products are eligible for Prime’s fast, free shipping. Hence, this is probably the most popular choice among new sellers.
WHY AMAZON IS AN AMAZING PLACE TO SELL BOOKS
If a product sells, even a single unit, then Amazon assigns the item a BSR. The smaller the Best Selling Rank, the more sales the product makes.
So, for example, if a book has a BSR of 1, that means it’s the best selling book on Amazon. A #1 ranked book would sell multiple copies every single day.
Furthermore, access to Amazon’s fulfillment centers authorizes sellers to ship and store their products for a nominal fee.
Moreover, it also does the following:
· Picking, packing and shipping a seller’s product to a customer, once a sale goes through.
· Handling customer service issues like returns, complaints, etc. on a seller’s behalf.
· Admittance into Amazon’s Prime shipping program, so customers get their purchases faster.
2. GOOGLE BOOKS
The Google Books project is aimed at scanning and making searchable the collections of several major research libraries. Along with bibliographic information, snippets of text from a book are usually viewable. If a book is out of copyright and in the public domain then usually the book is fully available to read or download. And this is exactly the reason why it is so beneficial for authors to sell their books on GooglePlayBooks. Here,
· You provide the book files
· You specify the book settings and
· In addition, Google handles the hosting, sales, and distribution
· As Google does not ask for licensed rights to sell digital editions of your books, you can sell through both on Google Play and through other retailers.
· There is no charge for selling books on Google Play.
· After that you’ll receive most of the payment from each sale, and your revenue share will always be based on the list price you provide.
Book Scouter will tell you what websites will currently pay for each book you’re trying to sell. This will give you a fair idea of whether or not it’s even worth selling your books. Remember, all of these websites pay based on what they think they can sell the book for, so those books with higher demand will sell for more.
Why should you sell textbooks using BookScouter?
It is the world’s largest textbook buyback price comparison tool. Hence, BookScouter helps you sell textbooks and used books for maximum money by comparing offers from over 35 book buyback vendors with a single search.
Few other websites are:
- online bookmart
So, after all these, Happy selling, Happy Navratri!